Please use US Postal Express Mail
Prime Ministre

Parental Authorization for Travel
[ Last modified: 07 June 2013 ]


An Algerian minor travelling to Algeria on his own or with his mother must have Parental Authorization for Travel to be applied for by the father. This document is required by the Algerian Authorities at any border Control Point (including Airports, Ports or Land Borders). 

This document is not required when the minor’s parents are divorced or separated on condition that: 


  • The minor lives abroad with his mother.
  • The mother holds a Court Order with full custody, which must be shown as evidence by the mother when leaving Algeria. 

How to Apply

  • Application Form .
  • Original as well as a copy of a Full Birth Certificate for the minor or the parents' Family book.
  • Identity Document of the father (Consular Card or Passport).
  • A non-refundable US Postal money-order made payable to the order of the Consulate General of Algeria in the amount of $1. Please write first and last names of applicant at bottom of money-order.





You are visitor N°
web counter

Friday March 24th, 2017

All applicants for Algerian visa residing within our constituency...

Insurance for repatriation of remains of algerian nationals
deceased abroad...


Visit Algeria

List of Algerian Associations in USA

To enable the Consulate General to add Assocaitons to this list, applicants can submit their requests , including their contact details, by email to:



Emission spéciale sur Canal Algérie
Inauguration of the Consulate General of Algeria in New York