In accordance with provisions of Article 91-6 of the Constitution, and relevant provisions of the organic law N. 10-16 on the electoral system, His Excellency Abdelaziz Bouteflika, President of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, on Thursday 4th February 2017, signed the decree convening the electorate to the election of members of the People's National Assembly (APN) on Thursday 4 May 2017.
Also, the decree set the period from 8 to 22 February 2017 for the exceptional revision of electoral lists.
According to the Organic Law No. 16-10 of January 25th 2016 relating to the electoral system, mainly its articles, 03, 04, 06 and 7:
- Is considered “an elector”, all Algerians, women and men, who are eighteen (18) years old and enjoys civil and political rights, and who in any case, is not suffering from incapacities provided for by the legislation in force.
- No one can vote if he or she is not registered on the electoral list.
- Registration on the electoral roll is a duty for every citizen who meets the conditions legally required
- All Algerians, men and women, enjoying their civil and political rights and who have never been enlisted on an electoral list, should apply for their registration.
The Consulate General reminds that registration to vote is a willful act, and that a consular registration does not imply systematically a registration on the electoral rolls.
1 First registration on the electoral list:
Qualifications to Register:
- Be an Algerian citizen
- Be 18 years old by May 04th 2017
- Resident at your current address
- Enjoying their civil and political rights (no criminal convictions)
- To avoid duplicate voter records, registration is eligible only on one list, at the current place of residence.
When to Register:
From 8 to 22 February 2017
Where and How to complete a Voter Registration Form?
Fill in a PDF version of the Consulate General Voter Registration Form by clicking on the following link (PDF) . Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign it.
Once printed and signed, choose on of the following options to complete your registration to vote:
- Walk in at the Consulate General of Algeria in New York , from Tuesday to Saturday , 09:00am to 03:00pm.
- Mail your Voter Registration Form to the Consulate General of Algeria located at 15 east, 47th Street, New York, NY 10017- USA
- Send by Fax your Voter Registration Form at the following number 1-212-486-6934
- Email your Voter Registration Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Already enrolled in the electoral list:
Citizens, already enrolled, who moved to another State must update their addresses by sending notice of change of address through one of the means detailed above.
In addition to the switchboard phone numbers of the Consulate General (212-486-6930, 212-486-6931, 212-486-6932), you can also dial our FOR-VOTE Hotlines: 1-646-266-9282, 1-917-215-1651